Theme for Education with a modern layout and elegant design.
Theme Name: Academica
Demo Preview: http://academicademo.wordpress.com/
Academica is a non-profit / education theme with a modern layout and elegant design.
To make it easy for your visitors to connect with you through your social networking sites, Academica offers a social icon bar for your Facebook, Flickr, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube profiles:
- Head to Appearance > Theme Options
- Fill in your relevant social media links
- All links left blank will not show
Featured Content Slider
Special posts deserve a special place. With Academica, every post assigned with a certaintag and given a featured image will be displayed in the Featured Content Slider on the home page of your site. To enable the slider:
- Navigate to Settings → Reading.
- Scroll down to the section labeled “Featured Content”.
- Enter the name of a tag.
- Click the blue “Save Changes” button at the bottom.
Once you’ve saved your changes, posts marked with this tag will appear in the featured content slider if they have a featured image. The suggested size for featured images is 960 pixels wide and 300 pixels high.
Post Layouts are unique to Academica! Like page templates, they let you choose the perfect layout for each individual post. Your options are: Standard (three columns), Left Sidebar (two columns, only one sidebar) or Full Width (one column, no sidebar). Give each post the look it deserves!
Academica is all about your pages! In addition to page-only widget areas, it comes with three choices of page templates: Sidebar Left, Sidebar Right and Full Width, for even more individuality and flexibility.
Academica supports two custom menu locations, one in the header and one in the footer. The header menu serves as the primary navigation and falls back to display your pages if no custom menu is set for this location. The footer menu is ideal for displaying a secondary navigation, since it only supports one menu level.
Academica Widget Areas
Academica has nine widget areas available:
- Sidebar: Left: All widgets placed in this sidebar will appear on the left hand side of your single posts and your static posts page.
- Sidebar: Right: All widgets placed in this sidebar will appear on the right hand side of your single posts and your static posts page.
- Sidebar: Homepage (Left): Widgets placed here will appear on the left side on the home page.
- Sidebar: Homepage (Right): Widgets placed here will appear on the right side on the home page.
- Sidebar: Homepage (Middle): Widgets placed here will appear below the main content on the home page.
- Sidebar: Archives: These widgets will appear on all search pages and date, author, tag, and category archive pages.
- Sidebar: Pages (Left): All widgets placed in this sidebar will be shown on the left hand side of your single pages.
- Sidebar: Pages (Right): All widgets placed in this sidebar will be shown on the right hand side of your single pages.
- Sidebar: Footer: This is the right hand side footer area. These widgets will appear on the lower right corner on all pages.
read more >> http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/academica/